Are you new to 3D printing and bioprinting and are looking to venture into this field?
Are you an educator looking to explore 3D printing and bioprinting?
We have the perfect system for you, our all new entry-level Bio3D Explorer series.
You can now explore the wonders of 3D printing in scientific and biological applications without burning a big hole in your wallet (or grants)!
All our systems are not modified or ported from existing industrial or consumer 3D printers. They are specially designed and developed for scientific and research applications.
Start exploring now!
- Example Applications
- Consumables and Parts
- Product Brochure
- Literature Materials
The first thing that comes to mind about “bioprinting” is the 3D printing of tissues and organs. Bioprinting is more than that.
Bioprinting is the precise depositing of biomaterials such as cells, proteins, bacteria and bio-gels in 2D or 3D. It can be used as a tool in high-throughput applications, or to mimic biological systems that are more closer and accurate to the actual living systems for research, testing and diagnosis.
Many studies have shown that biological substances such as cells, bacteria, matrices and proteins that are arranged in predetermined layouts and structures, function more accurately and consistently in lab conditions comparable to naturally-occurring environments.
While many researchers and scientists have creative ideas and are doing great work in 3D printing, there are many others such as researchers, educators and students who wish to explore 3D bioprinting but are prohibited by the high cost of a 3D bioprinter.
Backed by popular request, we now introduce the all new entry-level, Bio3D Explorer series.
- Start exploring bioprinting affordably.
- High XYZ resolution of 5 microns.
- 1 to 4 printing heads.
- Light-weight and foldable- Easy to carry in and out of a BSC/hood and bring around.
- Full metallic body and printing heads for precision, accuracy and consistency even for exploring and teaching 3D bioprinting.
- Integrated Bio3D’s printing technology for reliability and ease.
- Modular printing head design- Easy to remove, add and swap new printing heads in the future.
- Microextrusion printing integrated with cell-friendly blue light photo-polymerisation.
- Comes with a stainless steel nozzle that can be cleaned for repeated uses.
- Low-switching and running cost as Bio3D Explorer supports standard consumables such as syringes and needles.
- Future-proofed- Supports future upgrades, printing heads, add-ons and technologies.
- Optional add-ons such as:
- Temperature control
- Customised add-ons based on your requirements
- Smooth and curvy surfaces for easy cleaning in case of spillage or contamination.
- Community-driven forum and support.
- Antigens and Antibodies
- Cell Biology
- Drug Development & Testing
- Green Technology
- Health and Nutrition
- Materials Science
- Regenerative Medicine
- Stem Cells
- Tissue Engineering
- Constructing a 3D geometry of single type of cells.
- Constructing a 3D geometry made up of multiple cell types.
- Constructing 2 or more 3D geometries of different bacterial species and studying their interactions.
- Printing at least 1 bacterial colony with another mammalian cell type to study their interactions.
- Constructing a DNA-coated 3D geometry.
- Constructing 2D geometries.
- Constructing a hybrid geometry of tissue and electronics.
- Making or modifying a drug compound.
- Printing the first layer of plastic scaffold followed by printing of a layer of cells, and repeat to form a cell-infused bioscaffold.
- Printing drug capsules or tablets.
- Printing drug capsules or tablets with bioelectronics.
- Printing customised formulated food supplements.
- Printing body parts with cells, bio-gel and plastic components.
- The imagination is limitless!
Please send your request for a product brochure!
Click here to see a list of articles and papers on bio-printing.
Go back to Systems
* Bio3D technologies and products are patents-pending.